
It is said each beginning starts with a single step. For me, instead, it begins with a end.
Something in me had to die before I could finally bring myself here: Complacency, fear of the unknown, and being too comfortable with my life. I had to lose so much, someone so precious, that I could finally awake from my comfort zone. Pain has always been a sharpening mindset for me for most of my life. It focuses you to do the things you really need to do and in the most expedient way. So with an open wound within, I make my first cut...
"...the noise of what we often say is not worth being heard..."
- Michael Card in his song, The Final Word
"Today communication itself is the problem. We have become the world's first over-communicated society. Each year we send more and receive less."
- Al Ries
All too often, we want to make ourselves heard, to be recognised, to be known. Listening is not only a lost art, it is a handicap which we have learnt to live with. In the world, with information overload, too many sad tales to share, and an infinitude of meaningless garbles, so why then should I add my lowly voice to the masses?
This is no exercise in emo-ness or angst, (whatever it is called these days). Since my youth, I have seen the meaninglessness of the days before me; I have wallowed in lonesome self-pity; and yet I have also danced in joy, basking in the wonder of love. If there is one thing that truly matters, I believe it to be Truth. Love is greater than Truth, but when our hearts are weak, it is powerless. Truth may be corrupted by lies, but it stands firm whether or not we are able to clearly see it.
This blog ultimately aims to seek the Truth; to uncover the meaning of all that lay beneath our reality (in [my] life and in GP =p). May the blades of these words pour forth from the sword of my soul (tamashii) and cut deep into all who may read this...
No comments:
Post a Comment